Let us put the finishing touch on your quilt!
Quilting in the Valley is now pleased to offer machine quilting services for our online customers. You’ve put a lot of time, effort and a little piece of yourself into your beautiful quilt top — let QITV add the finishing touch it deserves! Lou and her crew have been quilting professionally for more than 30 years. Let her bring your quilt top to life! Our price includes machine quilting, your choice of batting and shipping your beautiful quilt back to you via the United States Postal System.
Please note, this service is not intended for quilts that require custom quilting or quilt tops that require special handling (such a a vintage quilt top). QITV is offering this in response to our customers’ requests for affordable and timely machine quilting. Our usual turnaround will be two weeks or less — starting when we receive your quilt to the day we put it in the mail back to you.
Here’s how it works:
Download, Print and fill out the Quilt Intake Form HERE.
- Measure your quilt; Multiply the Length x Width to determine the total square inches.
- Choose your batting. QITV will offer two types of batting: Hobbs 80/20 on a roll or pre-packaged Warm and Natural.
- In the drop down menu, choose the range that your quilt top falls into with your batting choice. This is how your price is determined.
- Thread Color: QITV offers 19 thread colors. Choose one of the colors shown and indicate color and color # on worksheet. If you prefer, you can send a new spool of Aurifil thread in the color or your choice — or purchase one from our online store if you have something specific in mind. Please send 2 spools of thread for quilts larger than 4681 square inches. Any unused thread will be returned with your finished quilt.
- Be sure your backing extends at least 4″ inches on all sides. If it is a pieced backing, be sure the seams are pressed open and that it is square.
- Choose a Design: QITV offers several quilting designs. Indicate your design choice on the worksheet.
- Include a short description of the quilt in the additional comments section: For example: orange green 9 patch lap quilt.
- Mail your quilt top to us: Mail your quilt and the Quilt Intake Form to: Quilting in the Valley, ATTN: LONGARM SERVICES DEPT., 838 First Street, LaSalle, IL 61301. We suggest that you ship it using a method that provides tracking.
Once we receive your quilt, one of our quilters will check it over. If we have any concerns, we will contact you immediately before proceeding. This could lengthen the turnaround if we are unable to reach you or if additional work is required. The price you are charged when placing the order does not include any additional work. If additional work is required, you will be notified before we start the project.
Once your quilt is completed, we will carefully package it and ship it to your home. We use the United States Postal System for shipping. You will receive a shipping notification email when the package is shipped. (Please be sure to include your email when you place the order).